Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Lt. Andrew Kinard, An Amazing Marine



Lt. Andrew Kinard is an amazing Marine. Back in October of 2006 Lt. Kinard was with 2nd LAR, the unit that had just replaced my son's unit in Rawah, Iraq. Following 2nd LAR's progress in Rawah seemed to help me feel connected to my son Adam, who had been killed in that same town only a few months before. Knowing what was happening there made me feel better somehow. Maybe because that is where my son spent the last days of his life. A piece of my heart was still in Rawah.

Lt. Kinard suffered devastating injures on Oct. 29, 2006 when he was struck by an IED. I have kept up on his progress over the last few years and have been touched by his humble and gracious attitude. He knows God is working in his life and has given him some very special duty. I was honored to meet Lt. Kinard earlier this year. We met simply by chance. I had met one of my heroes.
Read Lt. Kinard's story.

3 comments:

  1. amazing young man. just did a quick search of him and great to know that this brave marine is going to Harvard Law School. congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. serving freedom? Oh you mean the freedom for blackwater, hailburton, and the like to make hundreds of millions off the iraqi population?

    ReplyDelete